Well, my plan for this week’s post was to talk about ‘green roofs’, but this week decided to unfold as it wanted… “The best laid schemes of mice and men go often askew…” Of course, Burns’ poem was about disturbing a mouse house, so itÂ sort of fits into a post about ‘green building’.
Having said all that, here are the links for green building I came across this week, and we’ll get to green roofs next week.Â I’ll start with a green roof story, though.
- Massive 131 Acre Green Roof Planned for Seoul
- Consumers Seek Convenience over Green
- Architecture for Humanity’s Long-term Haiti Relief Plan
- Green Building Initiative Certifies 100th Green Globes Building
- Trucks, Trains and Trees
- University of Illinois Announces Massive Solid-State LED Lighting Project
- First Multifamily Buildings Achieve National Green Building Certification
- Shape Vancouver 2050: Have your say in what Vancouverâ€™s skyline should look like in 2050 – Initial comments closed January 31.
- Can a Prison be Green?
- LEDs, easy as ABC
- Appraisals an Impediment to More Green Homes, Says NAHB
- Before You Build: Green Harmony Homes – many links to other sites with great information
- Radiant Flooring Guide: 2010 (digital magazine from BNP Media)
- ASHRAE Technology Awards Highlight Outstanding Building Projects
- After City Center,Â Architects Face New Reality
- Number of the Day: 300 – the percent by which real estate and construction professionals overestimate the costs of green building, according to a study by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. [pdf]
- NASA Space Tech to Make Green Buildings More Efficient: more here.
- Wind Power Grew 39 Percent Last Year
- Native Landscaping Saves Money AND Water
- In metro Detroit, plans for trails are big and bold
- GreenSpec-Listed Green Building Products
- Green Power Usage Edged Higher in 2009 among EPA Partners
- Quarra Stone helps build green
- Green Building Advisor – Can SprayFoam Rot the Roof?
- Healthy Building News
- Inhabitat e-newsletter
- Sundance Channel Eco-mmunity Greenzine
- Planet Green
- Planet Green – Home Renovation
- Planet Green – Green Skiing
- The Science of Climate Change: February 3, Washington, DC
- SAP Announces Significant Carbon Footprint Decrease for 2009
- Costco honored for sustainability efforts
- Pro Sports Teams Increasingly Going Green
- Why Sustainability is a Right-Fit for Small Business
- People in Nature:Exploring the natural world’s psychological effects on human beings. – An Open Letter to James Cameron
- Children & Nature Network
- Resources for Rethinking: Exemplary Sustainability Resources Reviewed by Teachers for Teachers
- Top Seven Sustainability Practices Highlighted in Special Report | 3BL Media
- Another measurement tool: France devises sustainable development barometer
- Green Design: Graphic Design USA Newsletter
- The Center for Corporate Sustainability
- Arianna Huffington: Social Venture Network Fall Conference 2009 Plenary
- Retreats on Climate Change as a Moral Issue: Toronto, ON, April 2010
- It’s a knockout: Engineers find a new way to punch holes through steel with EMPs
- ENGAGEMENTdb – Ranking the Top 100 Global Brands (.pdf) – The worldâ€™s most valuable brands.Â Whoâ€™s most engaged?
- Whirlpool Corporation Offers New Smart Grid Technology Demonstration at 2010 IBS
- Accor North America Announces Green Key Pilot in the United States: Piloting the Green Key rating system for hotels in the US
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management: When You Are Not Wal-Mart
- SAP Plays up Sustainability Angle: Greening your supply chain
- California wine gets green standards
- Getting the most out of employer-supported volunteerism
Okay, that’s it for this week!
Something a little different.Â Design your own electric vehicle using the Trexa ‘skateboard’ platform