Hi Folks: There are about a bazillion websites on photography today… I’d hate to hazard a guess on how many of them I have bookmarked, so I won’t try. However there are some that I visit daily or at least regularly, so I thought I’d add them in here (in no particular order):
- Luminous Landscape: This site is run by Toronto photographer Michael Reichmann. News, reviews, product updates and assessments, and a forum with probably the largest collection of amateur and professional photographers from around the world. Michael’s store has a number of downloadable videos for sale – well worth checking out!
- The Online Photographer: A daily blog by Mike Johnston. Lots of useful (and sometimes fun 🙂 ) information here.
- National Geographic Shot of the Day: ’nuff said.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day (from NASA).
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips: Matt Koslowki’s site, with presets, tips, videos and more about Lightroom.
- Joe McNally’s Blog: One of my favourite photographers. I haven’t met him (yet) but he seems like such a down to earth guy.
- John Paul Caponigro’s Blog: Another of my favourite photographers. There are hundreds of pages of free .pdf files available through his site.
- Light Diary: Craig Tanner’s photo blog.
- PhotoWalkPro: Jeff Revell’s photo blog.
- Digital Photo Experience: Rick Sammon, Juan Pons and friends provide tips and information on digital photography.
- Alltop Lightroom News: A collection of the latest blog posts related to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
- Alltop Photography News: A collection of the latest blog posts related to photography and photographers.
- Analog Photography User’s Group: Remember film? I shot it for a lot of years. Kodachrome was my favourite. This is a user forum for those not digitally-inclined.
- Canon Digital Learning Center: Tips, techniques and information related to all things Canon, although some of it can be applied to those with other camera systems.
- TrekEarth: Phototographs, critiques, discussions…
- David Farkas Photography Blog: David’s most recent posts have been about his experiences with the Leica S2.
- Camera’s View: Not a very active blog, but there is a set of calendar templates there for Lightroom and some other useful information.
- Focus on Singh-Ray Filters: Because you can’t fix everything in Photoshop.
- The Mindful Eye: Tutorials, critiques and other useful tidbits by Craig Tanner and friends.
- The DAM Forum: For every time you’ve asked yourself, “Where did I put those DAM-images on my hard drive?”
- Leica User Forum: The place for all things Leica.
- Lightroom-Blog: Sean McCormack runs this site as well as Lightroom-News and provides great Lightroom information.
- Lightroom-News: see above.
- Hasselblad Forum: User information for both analog and digital Hasselblad cameras, lenses, etc.
- Rangefinder magazine: Do rangefinder cameras have a place in the world of auto-everything? I think so.
- Tao of Photography: Andy Ilachinski’s blog. A unique combination of photography and philosophy
- Flickr: our Flickr site… couldn’t resist!
P.S. Someday I’ll add these and some other links to the main page. Someday… I promise.