Hi Folks:Â There are about a bazillion websites on photography today… I’d hate to hazard a guess on how many of them I have bookmarked, so I won’t try.Â However there are some that I visit daily or at least regularly, so I thought I’d add them in here (in no particular order):
- Luminous Landscape: This site is run by Toronto photographer Michael Reichmann.Â News, reviews, product updates and assessments, and a forum with probably the largest collection of amateur and professional photographers from around the world.Â Michael’s store has a number of downloadable videos for sale – well worth checking out!
- The Online Photographer: A daily blog by Mike Johnston.Â Lots of useful (and sometimes fun 🙂 ) information here.
- National Geographic Shot of the Day: ’nuff said.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day (from NASA).
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips: Matt Koslowki’s site, with presets, tips, videos and more about Lightroom.
- Joe McNally’s Blog: One of my favourite photographers.Â I haven’t met him (yet) but he seems like such a down to earth guy.
- John Paul Caponigro’s Blog: Another of my favourite photographers.Â There are hundreds of pages of free .pdf files available through his site.
- Light Diary: Craig Tanner’s photo blog.
- PhotoWalkPro: Jeff Revell’s photo blog.
- Digital Photo Experience: Rick Sammon, Juan Pons and friends provide tips and information on digital photography.
- Alltop Lightroom News: A collection of the latest blog posts related to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
- Alltop Photography News: A collection of the latest blog posts related to photography and photographers.
- Analog Photography User’s Group:Â Remember film?Â I shot it for a lot of years.Â Kodachrome was my favourite.Â This is a user forum for those not digitally-inclined.
- Canon Digital Learning Center: Tips, techniques and information related to all things Canon, although some of it can be applied to those with other camera systems.
- TrekEarth: Phototographs, critiques, discussions…
- David Farkas Photography Blog: David’s most recent posts have been about his experiences with the Leica S2.
- Camera’s View:Â Not a very active blog, but there is a set of calendar templates there for Lightroom and some other useful information.
- Focus on Singh-Ray Filters:Â Because you can’t fix everything in Photoshop.
- The Mindful Eye:Â Tutorials, critiques and other useful tidbits by Craig Tanner and friends.
- The DAM Forum:Â For every time you’ve asked yourself, “Where did I put those DAM-images on my hard drive?”
- Leica User Forum:Â The place for all things Leica.
- Lightroom-Blog: Sean McCormack runs this site as well as Lightroom-News and provides great Lightroom information.
- Lightroom-News: see above.
- Hasselblad Forum: User information for both analog and digital Hasselblad cameras, lenses, etc.
- Rangefinder magazine:Â Do rangefinder cameras have a place in the world of auto-everything?Â I think so.
- Tao of Photography: Andy Ilachinski’s blog.Â A unique combination of photography and philosophy
- Flickr:Â our Flickr site… couldn’t resist!
P.S.Â Someday I’ll add these and some other links to the main page.Â Someday… I promise.
P.S. II, the Sequel: You can find more of our posts on photography and Lightroom tutorials here, and you can find links to over 200 other sites that have Lightroom tips, tutorials and videos here.