Greetings, Dear Reader! Welcome to M&M’s Musings!! We’re so delighted to have you find your way here. Twitter somewhat confounded us at first, but a fellow user pointed toward this ‘Thoughtful Twitter Use Manifesto‘. If you don’t have time to read the whole article, we believe it can best be summed up like this: change Twitter’s question of ‘What’s Happening?’ to ‘What can I tell you that will make your life better?’ It’s an idea we do our best to live by. A little while back we did a post on our own foray into social networking, which you can read here.
What exactly is M&M’s Musings? We are Marcia and Mike, one a psych major, one a biologist type person, both writers, one a poet and one a photographer… the list goes on. We have a wide range of things that interest us, and we do our best to share what we find with others. On the left side of this page you’ll find our Categories; browse through them and stop to read wherever you like! Be sure to leave us a comment to let us know you popped in for a visit. In exchange, we offer you a hug!
Some Twitter resources that might be of interest to you:
- 4 Ways One Non-Profit Uses Location to Increase Engagement
- 5 Blogging Myths That Are Killing Your Blog
- 5 Tips for Politicians Using Social Media
- Top 5 Tips for Using Twitter
- 5 Ways To Fight Social Media Addiction
- 6 Gorgeous Twitter Visualizations
- 10 Acts of Twitter Kindness
- 10 Tips for Becoming a Smarter, Social Business Person
- The Top 10 Twitter SEO Tips
- Top 10 Things You Should Not Share on Social Networks
- 13 Essential Social Media Lessons for B2B Marketers from the Masters
- 16 bitchin’ commands and shortcuts for Twitter
- 25 Reasons Why Twitter Is Spiritual
- 30 Twitter Tools For Managing Followers
- 40 People Who Changed the Internet
- A little basic Twitter advice for new or inactive peeps
- Can Bad Manners Kill Your Social Mission?
- Experts Agree: Gen Y Will Not Grow Out of Social Networking [STUDY]
- How Businesses Are Unleashing Their Employees’ Social Media Potential
- How CEOs Will Use Social Media in the Future
- How To Embed The New YouTube Subscribe Widget On Your Blog Or Website
- Is Facebook the New “.com”?
- Non-Profits Know the Secrets of Social Media
- Social Media Catches What Mainstream Misses
- Social Media Cheat Sheet
- Sustainable Business Twitter 101
- The Web Is a Customer Service Medium
- Twitter Begins Promoting Their Open Source Projects
- Twitter is a symptom. Not a solution.
- Web 2.0 Expo NY: Gary Vaynerchuk (Wine Library), Building Personal Brand Within the Social Media Landscape (YouTube video)
- Why marketers should encourage employees to use social media.
- Why you have to engage in social media, even if you don’t want to.
- Wisdom 2.0 Conference
- Your life in 2020
- Zappos’ Tony Hsieh on Twitter, Phone Calls and the Pursuit of Happiness
We’ll add more as we find them.
Here are some social networking tools for Twitter, etc.. We use Tweetdeck and some of the others, but we haven’t tried all of them.
- co tweet
- Twibbon – Start Something
As far as we know, all of these links are active at the moment; if you come across a broken link, please let us know! Last updated February 22, 2011
UPDATE: June 2, 2019 – On the advice of a friend we went through and deleted all of the broken links. Keep in mind this page is now ten years old and as such the number of new apps greatly outweigh the ones we removed! It’s interesting to re-read the Forbes article about life in 2020 as we’re six months away and the article was written in 2010. Please consider this page archived; if you find something of interest here, great! But we won’t be updating it any more. 🙂 We’re still on Twitter, though! Come and find us! And Instagram, and Tumblr…